At Imagine, the overarching goal when providing physical therapy is to get patients BETTER FASTER and keep them BETTER LONGER. The therapists pride themselves in their ability to relieve patients from pain, and accomplish this by viewing and treating the body as an integrated whole as opposed to “spot” treating only specific symptoms.
Manual Physical Therapy
Manual Physical Therapy is foundational to the evaluation and treatment of patients at Imagine Physical Therapy. Every patient is touched to ascertain the component that myofascial and joint mobility contribute to their dysfunction and pain. Imagine Physical Therapy complies with BEST practice guidelines and journal evidence indicating the efficacy of Manual Physical Therapy.
Imagine PT’s physical therapists are mentored consistently to maximize the practice’s proficiency and expertise. This includes devoted quarterly, internal continuing education that emphasizes recent scientific, peer reviewed literature on Manual Physical Therapy during which all Imagine Physical Therapy offices close for four hours and clinicians come together to learn and practice. Clinical practice always takes place in order to master and validate patient handling, joint mobilization/manipulation and myofascial release techniques.
Imagine PT practices a diverse repertoire of Manual Physical Therapy Techniques. They include but are not limited to:
- Superficial myofascial release techniques such as skin rolling, scar gliding, cupping and myofascial release with movement
- Deep myofascial release techniques such as ischemic compression, “muscle bending”, knobber and foam roll
- Mulligan Concept techniques of “NAGS”, “SNAGS” and Mobilizations with Movement
- Arthrokinematic techniques for ALL Joints – peripheral and spinal
- Neural Provocation/ Gliding / Flossing median, radial, ulnar, sciatic, femoral
- Trigger point dry needling
In order to keep patients BETTER LONGER, Imagine patients are provided and empowered with a home program that will include specific, evidence-based exercises to facilitate carry over between treatment visits. Likewise, patients are taught superficial and/or deep self myofascial release techniques to decrease and manage your pain. Self joint mobilizations are also taught to allow patients to maintain the restored mobility acquired through the expert Manual Physical Therapy attained at Imagine.